Where: Greenville, SC
What: Founded in 1937, Miracle Hill Ministries is dedicated to providing services to individuals and families in the form of food, shelter, clothing, personal development, addiction recovery support, and residential and foster care for children. The compassionate services that Miracle Hill provides are designed to point individuals to Christ and to move them toward wholeness, stability, and healthy critical relationships.
How: Miracle Hill Ministries provides services in four main areas: Homelessness, Children’s Ministries, Addiction Recovery and Community Resources.
- Miracle Hill operates four homeless shelters. These shelter offer temporary and long-term support, including options for in-depth counseling, educational opportunities, discipleship, and the basic needs of food, shelter and clothing.
- Miracle Hill established a boy’s shelter for at-risk, abandoned or neglected boys. It serves young men ages 11-21 and supports them in education, work skills development, and other critical life skills.
- The Miracle Hill Children’s Home is a haven for children from 7 to age 21. The Home offers crisis and long-term care as well as foster care licensing.
- Miracle Hill also provides support for families that are facing crisis or transition.
- The Foster Care and Homes for Life programs both seeks to provide safe, positive, nurturing environments to those who need them.
- The Overcomer’s Center and Renewal for Women are both highly successful addiction recovery centers in Greenville. Both are six to seven month, residential, Christian recovery programs that use a Biblical adaption of the 12-step recovery model.
- Miracle Hill works to support a number of food, economic and emergency assistance programs in the Upstate SC area.
How FLOCK Supports:
For more than five years, House of Raeford Farms FLOCK has supported the important work of Miracle Hill. FLOCK has provided monetary sponsorships and has regularly donated product to the Miracle Hill Children’s Home and Miracle Hill Boy’s Shelter. Additionally, House of Raeford has worked to continue Miracle Hill’s work by hiring of men and women from their Overcomer’s and Renewal programs. And, just this past Christmas, FLOCK supported Miracle Hill’s Angel Tree, providing gifts and goodies for the children in their foster program.
“One of the things that I love most about Miracle Hill is that every aspect is ministry-focused. It is truly humbling to witness every day the transforming work of Christ in the lives of not only the many guests seeking our help, but also in the lives of our donors, volunteers, thrift customers and employees. We are so grateful to the many businesses, churches and individuals who partner with us as we seek to be the hands and feet of Christ. Partners like House of Raeford and FLOCK play an important role in helping Miracle Hill make an eternal impact on the lives we touch.” –Greg Hynds, Stewardship Director of Miracle Hill