Pats on the back
House of Raeford employees, individually and as part of a team, often exceed expectations and deserve special recognition. The accomplishments and ways they’re recognized vary throughout the organization.
Here are just a few examples:
- Our operations in Greenville, SC and Rose Hill, NC set aside times each year to honor employees for consecutive years of service. Some associates have been honored for 50 years with the company!
- Columbia, SC maintains an Employee-of-the-Month program.
- Individual processing lines in our plants are spotlighted on a daily basis for reaching or exceeding various production goals.
But we’re not the only ones who think these accomplishments are worthy of notice. The outside world often joins in. For instance:
- Our Arcadia, LA processing plant has received safety awards for three consecutive years from the Joint Poultry Industry Safety & Health and Human Resources Council—twice receiving the top Award of Distinction.
- Columbia, SC employees have been honored with an Award of Merit for safety by the same group.
- Seven of our processing plants are SQF (Safe Quality Food) certified, which is not an easy distinction to attain. What’s more, the Filet of Chicken plant in Georgia and the Hemingway, SC operation have each earned the highest SQF Level 3 certification—a testament to the emphasis our employees place on the quality of the products they produce.
- In 2015, Aviagen, a worldwide leader in poultry breeding, honored three of our live production operations with their Breeder Performance Awards. In one category, Johnson Breeders in Rose Hill, NC and House of Raeford/Columbia Farms in Lavonia, GA placed first and second. In another, the Lavonia, GA location as well as House of Raeford in Arcadia, LA received the top two awards.
- Dave Burnham, our corporate nutritionist, received the Distinguished Career award from the U. S. Poultry & Egg Association in 2014.
The list goes on. And we’re certain there will be additions on a regular basis.