February 13, 2017
Elegant & Easy Braised Chicken & Vegetables
Skip the crowded restaurants this Valentine’s Day and opt for a romantic dinner for two at home. This rich, dark meat recipe will delight the palate and capture the heart of your Valentine.
Total Time: about 25 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: about 20 minutes
2 chicken quarters
1 cup green onions, roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 lb golden petite potatoes, halved
Handful of mini sweet peppers, stems and seeds removed
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
Microgreens for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Rinse chicken quarters and pat dry with paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a Dutch oven or oven-safe pan on the stove over medium heat. Add olive oil to the pan and sear chicken with skin side down for 4 minutes
- Gently flip chicken pieces over. Add crushed garlic and 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook for an additional 4 minutes. Remove chicken pieces from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and cook green onions and potato halves until potatoes are golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add remaining ingredients and chicken pieces to the pan and place in the oven. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Serve chicken on a bed of vegetables and wine broth. Garnish with microgreens.